In Loooove with film photography.
In today’s digital world our analog photographs are converted into digital files to be consumed on electronic devises and although social media offers unlimited options to share and expand our love for analog photography, very few film shooters get the opportunity to experience the excitement of handling a traditional hand made fine art print of their work.
Handling a traditional hand made print is a unique experience to cherish.
I am currently working on a series of hand made prints of my own photographs, all shot on black and white film and developed by myself over these past years. These prints will be part of an exhibition to be held later on this year.
Would you like to be part of this unique experience by having one of your photos printed and exhibited in a gallery?
All you need is to do is choose a few of your favorite black and white photos, come over to my studio to discuss them then leave the negs with me for printing.
There is no cost on your part; all materials, framing and exhibition requirements will be handled by myself.
Follow these steps to be part of this unique experiance
- Choose a few of your own black and white photos you really love. (any format)
- NO specific theme.
- Send me an email to make an appointment.
- I will let you know what to do to show me the photos you choose.
- We will go through your choice of photos and decide on which one(s) to print, which size, etc when we meet.
- Leave the negatives with me.
- You will be able to see the final framed print before the exhibition opens.
- Your prints will be exhibited together with mine and fellow film photographers.
Please keep the following in mind
- Deadline to submit negatives is 7th July 2019**.
- ** Extended till end July by popular request.
- This invite is only valid for persons whose black and white films have been developed by me, Darkroom Malta.
- Photos must have been developed before 23rd June 2019.
- ALL photos must have been shot by you.
- Persons under 18 years by 31st December 2019 require consent from a parent or guardian.
- There is no cost for you.
- Choice of photos for printing will be done by me, Darkroom Malta.
- Final prints for exhibition will be chosen by me and the exhibition curator.
- You will receive a voucher for free developing and free scanning of x1 roll of 35mm black and white film for each print that makes it into the exhibition.
- For printed but not exhibited prints you will receive a voucher for free developing of x1 35mm black and white film for each print.
- Negatives will be returned 6 months after the end of the exhibition, to allow for any reprint orders you might want to make.
- Photos chosen for exhibition cannot be printed else were for at least 1 year.
- You retain ALL rights to your photos.
- Chosen prints will be photographed to be used for exhibition promotion on social and print media. Credits will be given accordingly. (You have the option to opt out of having your name and social media contacts from being displayed in promotional material)
- You will receive promotional material to use on your own social media sites.
- ALL photos will be hand printed by myself on high quality silver gelatin paper and archival processed.
- Exhibition will be held before the end of 2019.
- Name of exhibition and venue to be announced at a later date.
- Exhibition curator will be announced at a later date.
- Two hand made prints of each photo will be done by me. One will be an artist proof which i will keep for reference. The second print will be framed, exhibited and made available for sale.
- Final selling price for each print will be set by myself and the exhibition curator.
- You will have 1st preference to buy the framed print at a special price before exhibition opening.
- The price of the print will go up as soon as the exhibition opens.
- You will be able to purchase the framed print during the exhibition at a 17% discount on the exhibition price.
- You will know the price for each reprint before the exhibition.
- Editions for each print is up to you to decided. For example: Edition of 5 prints or Open Edition.
- Your name and/or social media contact will be displayed next to your print during the exhibition. (You have the choice to omit this information)
Hand made silver gelatin prints are time consuming to create while materials are very expensive to buy. Framing, exhibition space and all other necessities are not cheap either. All these expenses will be paid out of my own pocket.
Prints sold will help cover some of the costs.
You will be notified when details and information are updated.
Email me to arrange a date to view your chosen photos!
Black and white options: